Roger has won countless awards during his decade in office, including:
- being the first Washington state legislator to win the “Safety Champion Award” from the federal National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration (NHTSA).
- In 2013, he received national recognition from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
- He also received the 2012 Norm Maleng Award from the King County Coalition Against Domestic Violence for his groundbreaking work in revising Washington’s domestic violence laws.
Roger has also been recognized multiple times as “Champion for Children” by the Children’s Alliance.
He has received the Gold Crayon Award from the Early Learning Action Alliance twice.
He has also been named Legislator of the Year by the Washington Association for Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention.
Roger has been recognized by:
- Tthe Mockingbird Society for his work to help foster children
- The District and Municipal Court Judges Association for his work to reform the trial courts
- The Mountains-to-Sound Greenway for his work to link trails along the I-90 corridor
- And by several other diverse organizations.